Friday 25 May 2012

Franken Friday!


I have been looking for a white nail polish with glitter for a while now, endlessly stalking Pretty & Polished and looking on Etsy, but not having much luck and always getting polishes snatched from my cart. I realized that making my own frakenpolish would probably be easy, and free, considering my  polish stash. So here is my white glitter polish, I hope you love it as much as I do!

 The pictures are one coat of the franken over 2 coats of OPI-Alpine Snow.



I made this polish with a NYC white, Nicole by OPI- Rainbow in the Skylie, Orly Bubbly Bombshell and Nicole by OPI- One Less Lonely Glitter. To see more pictures of the polishes I used to make this and the proportions,  please click past the break!


 This is the 5ml rectangular bottle I put the polish in, I got a set of them on Ebay, but if you live in the USA, there are better places to get bottles like TKB Trading. I used the NYC white because it was not as opaque as OPI Alpine Snow, and I wanted as much glitter to show as possible. I filled the bottle about half full of this. Then I added Nicole by OPI- Rainbow in the Skylie until the bottle was about 3/4 full.


 I filled the rest of the bottle up with the assorted glitter you see here. The Claire's one is just a blue/purple glitter mix. When choosing glitter to make a white franken, make sure the base is clear. I check this by removing polish from  the brush with the bottle stem, and stroking the brush against white paper or a nail wheel.


 And here is the finished product, with 2 other frankens I have made recently, which I will try to swatch and upload soon.  Thanks for checking out my blog! I have lots of nail mail from Etsy sellers to arrive soon, and I can't wait to share them with you!


♥ ❤ ❥,

 Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤ I appreciate your comments and read each one! I would love to hear what you have to say. ❤